The overarching theme for this year’s Mental Health Education Conference is ‘Reporting Mental Health in Media: Words Matter’.
The Sub-themes for the Conference are as follows – you may choose to make your submissions along these or any other related topics:
- Reducing stigma towards mental health through media
- Responsible media reporting on/ about mental health
- Impact of the mass media on images/perspectives of mental illness held by public/community
- Sensible/ Positive portrayal of mental illness in Audio-visual media
- Effective utilization of media for improving mental health literacy/education
- Influences of media on compiling mental health policy
- Maintaining sensitivity in Reporting mental health and/or people with mental health issues in the news media.
- Developing culturally sensitive media portrayals on mental illness
- Developing and identifying strategies for effective media portrayal of mental illness.
- The effectiveness of anti-stigma campaigns in Media.
- Other themes relating to the topic of Mental Health and media.